Pages

3/09/2013

Preparing Our Hearts

"Hurry! Go to bed! You haven't showered? Take your shower! Nope, you didn't wash all of your hair... Half is still dry. Try again. Hurry! Bedtime was 32.8 minutes ago! Yes, I'm coming to tuck you in. What are you doing up? Fine, get a drink. Hurry!! (Bet you didn't know I could be a drill sergeant.)

Ok now hurry and go to sleep.
{Insert hugs and kisses}
Goodnight. ". Yes I know you can't force sleep upon a person... But sometimes I try.

This is what you might hear me voicing loudly and in a hurried manner on many nights of the week. Sometimes it really is a matter of urgency that they get in bed and fall asleep quickly. If my children don't get enough sleep their little immune systems wear down and they get sick (just like their Momma). But a lot of the time it's just me wanting to hit the 8:00 moment when I can selfishly have "me time".

And Saturday nights are no exception. Tonight I was hustling everyone towards bed and as I sat to nurse my baby I heard music.

I'm so thankful for music that draws my heart toward God. I'm so thankful for a personal God who speaks and shows grace to little 'ol me and draws me near.

The song playing had such perfect lyrics for helping ready my heart to think heavenward as I look towards the morning when we will gather with our local church body to worship our Savior.

Here's some of the lyrics to Revelation Song

Worthy is the,
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on
Heaven's Mercy Seat

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And I will adore You…!
Yeah!

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King,
Yeah

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!
Yeah!

Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery
Yeah...

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.