Pages

3/02/2012

I need help...

Well, today was wonderful.  We (my family) did chores around the house, getting some things done/fixed that needed getting done/fixed for a while.  Like the s    l       o          w  drain in the bathroom sink.  My lovely husband decided to tackle that one.  All clean.  Yay!  

I was a little apprehensive as to how the weekend would go because in our house it began Wednesday night.  Yes, we have a 4-day weekend this time around.  My kindergartener didn't have school for the past two days so I was planning for the worst, hoping for the best.  (In case you aren't up to speed, my sons butt heads A LOT - but they are learning to play better with one another.)  So, it was time for me to be on top of my game so to speak.  

Thursday I took the kids out for doughnuts for a special treat, then off to the park for a picnic with some friends.  Today we took on those piles of paperwork (mine) in the kitchen and the kids did the chores we asked them to help with.  (Ah, isn't that nice when children are able to help out, too!)  We finished off the day relaxing with our closest friends and enjoying supper and fellowship at their house.  And guess what:  all of the kids played together with very minimal squabbles.  We stayed there until baby Lou couldn't take it anymore - she needed her beauty sleep. :)

Since we are on the subject of chores and chore charts, I wanted to share with you a few ideas for making chore charts for your family/kids.  My boys follow after their Daddy as far as getting things done.  They like to make their lists and check them off as they are completed.  

Today's cleaning day was planned during breakfast so I just used a piece of construction paper and a marker.  Two columns down (their names labeled at the top) and 6 chores on the side.  They each got to stamp a * when a task was completed.  This system really motivates them!  Anyway, it was just a simple, home-made style of chart for today.  Non-fancy.

But there are other kinds that are available to us.  DLTK's site offers printables where you can customize the charts.  I've used this before and I really like it.

(click the icon to take you to the site)
Once there, click on the Printables Section on the left-hand side of the page.
This chart system helps motivate Mom!  Hmm... now that I think about it maybe I should make a chore chart for myself! 

*Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.