Pages

12/13/2011

What's It All About?

So what is Christmas all about anyway?  Do you know?

Let's think about it for a second.  What are you passionate about during this time of year... or 6 months from now... or even today?  Well, let's put ALL other things aside and center our hearts in on one person.  No, not you.

Jesus.  God in the flesh.  Not just that baby in the manger.  (Did I just lose you?)

Today my son asked me to read "the one about the three people dying on the cross" and it was there, standing in my kitchen, I felt I could fall to my knees.  I was humbled, knowing God's gentle reminder of the reason Jesus had to come as a baby.   It wasn't to stay a baby.  It wasn't so we could have fun nativity sets to look at and even display or let our children play with.  God was on a rescue-mission... to save.  


Luke 19:10 says, "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Let my little moment be your reminder to look at that babe in the manger not only as Creator of the universe, but Savior of your very soul.  Let us praise God, especially during this season, for sending His only Son on a rescue-mission for sinners like me and you.  As I tell the story of Christ's entry into the world as a baby, I pray I never again leave out his mission - the cross.


At our home we really love using the Jesus Storybook Bible.  What makes it unique from other children's bibles?  Every story whispers his name...  

J e s u s 

And how perfect to teach little ones what God's Word is about.  We are able to use this Bible as a practical teaching tool to point to Jesus as we read stories from Scripture.  I whole-heartedly recommend this as a great gift to your family or someone you know. 

Here's a video clip from the Jesus Storybook Bible for your enjoyment as we celebrate and thank God for sending His Son into the world... 




*Meghan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.