Pages

1/03/2012

A Fresh Start

 


Well, the new year has rung in.  All around us people are making new goals, excited at the turn of a new year to begin again.  I must admit I am not good at this.  My husband and I are far opposites in this area.  He always carefully, and prayerfully, considers what he should be doing in the next year, the next season of life.  I, on the other hand, usually don't think very far ahead... and it usually does not benefit me or my family in the least bit.  My sinfulness is exposed again, living and often thinking that I don't need God...  I need help in this area, and I'm guessing some of you do, too.

So this year, I am glad to begin 2012 with time devoted to prayer.  Our elders at church have put together a booklet focused on prayer.   There are excerpts from Paul Miller's book, The Praying Life, that guide us through the week.  

Here are some questions from today's reading:
1. Do you find that you consistently try to put on a front when you pray?  Why?

2. What would it look like for you personally to come to God as a child, to come "messy"?


Let us draw near to God as we pray for the year to come.
*Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.