Pages

8/30/2016

Glazed Pork Stir-fry {Recipe}

Google is becoming my friend when trying new recipes on a whim. Simply type what main ingredient you have and add "recipe" and see what shows up. Haha!

This goes against all of my normal ways, comfort foods and family recipes. I use the recipes I have on hand because they are familiar. And I like that. 

But familiar makes a rut if left in that path too long. So this is what we ended up with. The pork: soooo tender and beautiful. The sauce it created was basted over the veggies as they cooked in a skillet, leaving a beautiful flavor all around. 



Oh and did I mention I subbed Rosemary essential oil for the herbs? It paired perfectly with the pork. A little dab will do ya. I used 1 drop. Doterra oils are top notch in potency so no need to pour a bunch. :)

Let's cook!

Glazed Pork Stirfry
  • pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 pounds total weight
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, enough to coat the skillet
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (I subbed white wine vinegar because it was all I had on hand. Good decision.)
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
  • 1 drop of DoTerra's Rosemary essential oil (or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary or about 1 scant teaspoon dried)

Trim the pork tenderloins, discarding excess fat. Eww. 

Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. I used a homemade seasoned salt blend and rubbed in on good.  

Get out your crockpot and turn to high. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and sear, turning to brown all sides. Transfer to the crockpot. 

Combine the remaining ingredients; pour into the hot skillet and cook, stirring to scrape up any browned pork bits, for just 2 to 3 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Don't let it burn. Pour over the pork tenderloin in the crockpot. Cook on high for 2 hrs or so, basting every so often. That's right. Mmmm. 

Cook the pork to about 150° to 155°* on an instant read thermometer or oven probe inserted in the thickest part of a tenderloin. This will make or break it. I've never had a tender pork... Like, ever. The time will vary depending on size, but use the meat thermometer. Baste again. Turn the crockpot off and let the meat rest for a while. You'll want to taste it, but leave it alone to soak up more juices. 

In the meantime I cooked up some Stirfry veggies. We don't use soy sauce so I wasn't sure to season them. Then I realized I had a sauce already in the crockpot that I had been using already. So I got out my basting squeeze tube thing (yeah, I'm pretty official in the kitchen) and transferred juice fro my he crockpot to the skillet with veggies. 

Oh. My. Word. 

Best decision of the meal. Not to strong but definitely brought out the flavors of the veggies and was beautiful. Then I sliced some of the pork into strips and threw them in with the veggies and sauce. 

Delicious!

Original recipe found here: http://southernfood.about.com/od/porktenderloin/r/Balsamic-Glazed-Pork-Tenderloin.htm

Bon appétit! 

~Meghan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.