Pages

3/21/2012

Pretzle Jello Salad {Recipe}

I have a yummy recipe for you today!  And since I have lots to do today, so let's get down to business.  :)
 

Pretzel Jello Salad
(it may be called a "salad" but we eat it for dessert!)




You will need:

2 2/3 c. crushed pretzels
3 T. sugar
3/4 c. butter

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip

6 oz. box strawberry Jello
2 c. boiling water
16 oz. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

Crush pretzels in a zipper bag.  I wrap a towel around it so I don't have a mess or damage the counter tops when I crush them with a meat tenderizer mallet. :)

CRUST:  Combine crushed pretzels, softened butter and 3 T. sugar.  Pat into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.  Cool completely.

MIDDLE LAYER:  Using mixer, blend cream cheese and 1 c. sugar.  Fold in your  Cool Whip.  Spread over cooled crust being careful to get all the way to the edges, leaving no gaps.  Refrigerate at least 1 hour to firm up.

TOP LAYER:  Mix Jello into boiling water until dissolved.  Put in refrigerator to partially set.  Do not let it get firm!  Stir in strawberries.  Pour Jello with strawberries over the white layer.  Refrigerate until Jello is firm.


Here are some play-by-play pictures, in case you are a visual learner like me.  :)
Crust after baking.  
I could have crushed the pretzels a little more.
Whipped cream cheese and sugar.

Add Cool Whip.
FOLD in the Cool Whip.  If you stir it you will loose the airy lightness of the whipped topping.
Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
Don't leave gaps!  When you pour the Jello on later it will 
sink through and make the pretzels soggy!
A beginners' lesson learned the first time I made this.
See the fun layers!!
YUMMY! 
  (You can see my family couldn't wait to eat it until after I had taken a picture)

Enjoy!!

*Meghan 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.