Pages

11/08/2011

Recipe {Easy Beirocks}

Life around here has not slowed down much in the past week.  Until yesterday.  It rained all day.  Which was so wonderful because we needed it and maybe that was God's grace to help me to slow down.  My children and I stayed inside all day and it was lovely.  

My husband was at a meeting until late and then out to visit with a family who just lost a beloved grandmother.  To keep myself busy until he returned I found myself praying as I worked ahead on meals to make things easier in the days to come.  

Here's the recipe I've made up after watching someone else make them.  I have no idea if it's technically correct in what you are supposed to put in them, but it's yummy and easy.

Beirocks:

2lbs. lean ground beef (90/10 is what I like to work with)
1/2 head cabbage, shredded
1/2 onion, diced
frozen bread dough, rolls
salt
garlic powder
pepper  


Brown ground beef with onion and add salt/pepper/garlic (to taste) to the meat before it browns.  Drain off grease (especially if using meat with higher fat content).  Add the shredded cabbage to meat/onions.  At this point I usually add water to help steam the cabbage and keep the meat from over-cooking.  Cover.  Continue to cook over medium heat until cabbage is tender.  Set aside to cool slightly.


Thaw frozen dough rolls in microwave.  (Did you know you could do that?  In my microwave I can do 6 at a time 25 seconds on each side - I looked up how to do this on the Rhodes website.)  I do recommend using fresh bread dough... but remember, I said this was an easy recipe!


Flatten dough out into circles and scoop meat mixture into the center of each circle.  Fold up the edges and pinch the dough together to seal.  Place beirocks sealed-side down onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake the bread according to manufacturers' instructions.  For my oven:  25 minutes at *350 or until golden on top.


Serve.  Our boys like them with ketchup and mustard.


*These freeze very well.  Just let cool after baking and package in freezer bags.  Reheat in microwave 30 seconds at a time)*


Enjoy!


*Meghan







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.