Pages

1/16/2014

Recipe: Beirocks

I've been holding out on you.  Not that I wanted to.  Life has needed to slow down since December so my blog had to wait.

But now we are back and ready for some new recipes!  I will be sharing several over the coming days but the first is a favorite of mine.  It is so yummy AND it freezes well!  Bonus!!

Beirocks    *Freezer-friendly*

Start by browning 2 lbs. ground beef with 1 onion, diced. Season with salt and pepper and garlic.
Note: *in these pics I tried cooking the cabbage first, then adding beef second... I didn't think it was as good of a flavor ~ cabbage = over cooked). So take my word for it. Brown meat first.


Add shredded cabbage to the beef approx. 1/2 head

Add a little water to the pan - about 1 cup. 

Put a lid on it!  Literally. This helps steam the cabbage and keep the meat from becoming little rocks crusted to the bottom of the pan. 


Strain the beef and cabbage mixture and set aside and allow to cool for a bit.  You're going to be putting this inside soft dough - you don't want to melt the dough. 


At this point you are going to press out dough into circles with your fingertips. Whether you use frozen, fresh or biscuit dough, it really is a personal preference.  I don't know if biscuit dough freezes well after being cooked. You'll have to be the judge and let me know if you try it. 

Pinch up and seal the dough around a couple if spoonfuls of filling. Sorry I didn't get a picture of this; hopefully you get the idea. 

Flip them I over and put seam side down on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. 

Bake 10-12 min at 350*. 

**Freezer Tip** ~ let cool completely. Then label and package up in a zipper Baggie. Toss in freezer.  It's that simple.
**To reheat: microwave each for one minute - wrap in napkin or paper towel to keep bread from getting tough. 

I am in love (swoon) with this bread dough recipe. And I use it to make these beirocks every time. It's soft and tender on the inside and the outside gets a nice soft crust. Not crunchy. Which I love for these.  And it freezes so well.   

I will share that recipe soon! (Update: Bread recipe for YOU!)


Beautiful!!


*I should also mention that I've never been taught how to make these.  So if they are not exactly how you've made them... YOU are probably the one who knows what she's doing! :)  But they are yummy, none-the-less.*






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.