Pages

1/16/2014

Recipe: Burger Buns

This is the most impressive bread dough I've come across.  And since I just posted my Beirock recipe I wanted to share with you what dough I use.  For the Beirocks, just pinch off a handful and pat it out into a circle with your fingertips instead of shaping into buns.




Burger Buns


4 1/2 c flour
2 pkgs yeast
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter or margarine
1 egg
1 c milk
1/2 c water

Mix 1 1/2 c flour, yeast, and sugar in mixer. Heat milk, water, and margarine in microwave for 1 minute or warm to wrist (not hot). Add to first mixture and let mix for about 5 minutes. Add egg and salt and mix well. Add enough extra flour to make firm dough. Beat for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Let rise for 30 minutes. Form into hamburger buns or hot pockets. Let rise again for another 30 minutes on greased cookie sheets. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

If you want to freeze these, let cool then place in zipper baggies.  
To reheat:  Microwave (Frozen) for 1 minute wrapped in a napkin or paper towel.
 
I cannot stress how much I love this bread!  I hope you do, too!

~Meghan 

**Gratitude to my distant friend and fellow pastor's wife, Shara, for sharing this recipe with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.