Pages

2/12/2015

5 Ingredient Tomato Soup {Recipe}

Eating healthy has its benefits, no doubt. And if you're needing a simple, quick go-to for lunch I have just the thing. Stove top to table, 10 minutes tops.  


5 Ingredient Tomato Soup

This recipe makes one serving. Mommy is trying to eat a little more strictly than my kids, but they've tried it and loved it, too!  Adjust ingredients accordingly if serving a crowd. 

You'll need:
A can of diced tomatoes (I prefer Hunt's petite diced)
1 cup of chicken broth 
1/2-1 c. Water (if you're counting, I don't consider this an ingredient)
2 Tbsp dried basil
3 oz shrimp (deveined w/o tails)
Minced onion, dried or fresh, to taste (I do 1 tsp)
Stevia drops, to taste
Salt and peeper, to taste

Heat to boiling everything except shrimp and Stevia drops. Reduce heat and simmer until dried basil is soaked in and the broth is the flavor you like.

Add shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the Stevia drops with caution, as they are sweet!  I use maybe 5. 

Enjoy!

~ Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.