Pages

11/03/2011

For a Season

Our family is still struggling with the yucky respiratory junk going around our area.  First Mom, now all three kids.  Dad is still unaffected by the bug.  And praise to God for that.  My husband is so strong for me... He knows just how to love on me in times like these.  But even though it's been a very rough several days, praise to God for that too.  He has been revealing sin in my life through this trial, and to Him I give praise and glory to.  Between the wiping of yucky noses (& sanitizing hands), giving meds all throughout the day and doing breathing treatments, all while TRYING to keep sick, bouncy children resting, I have found comfort in the truth of God's word.  You may know these verses from James 1:2-4...

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

A few years ago I was memorizing these and by God's grace I have been able to recall them this past week and have found comfort knowing that the testing of my faith in my trials produces steadfastness.  

Yes, Lord.  Keep working on me.  I am a sinner in need of Your grace.

And although we've been cooped up the past week and a half, I've gathered all the energy and strength I could to get the boys out one day.  We have a place close by called Dillon Nature Center and we went there...

 
It was great to walk the trails and let the boys run.  Although I found it a bit cumbersome to push a stroller on the gravel trail we walked.  But the fresh air did us good.
Then one night I was determined to do a fun project with the kids so we made biscuit spiders for a snack.  I learned that even cold dough becomes sticky very quickly in kids' warm hands.
Here's a picture of them.  Sorry the picture is not very clear... took it on too big of a scale and the reducing of size resulted in a blurry image. 

Since I am a self-defined "home-body" I have to make an effort to get the boys out of the house and into fresh air... and last week I did just that.  I had noticed in our garden area that potato plants were blooming so we dug them up.  I tried to get my younger son to play with a few worms I found but he was NOT interested.  Hmmm... maybe he takes more after his dad. :)



That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

*Meghan









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.