Pages

6/10/2016

Forgotten Jambalaya {Recipe}

I was going through my recipe box  this week and decided to bring back some favorites. This recipe gets pretty rave reviews at our house. It is a recipe cut out of the Taste of Home magazine from Feb./March 2008. 

And it seems like a long list but it's a lot of seasonings - don't fret. It makes amazing flavor!



Forgotten Jambalaya 

Prep: 35 min. 
Cook: 4.5 hours


1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, unstrained
1 can beef broth or chicken broth
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste 
2 medium green peppers, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 tsp. dried parsley flakes
2 tsp. dried basil
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/4 tsp. salt (I use half the amount and add more if needed; pink sea salt is my fave)
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 pound smoked sausage, halved and cut into 1/4 in slices 
1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Hot cooked rice

Directions: 
Any 5 quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, brass and tomato paste. Stir in the green peppers, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. Stir in chicken and sausage.

Cover and cook on low for four hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until shrimp turns pink. Serve with rice. Yield 11 servings.

Can I just say how much I love crockpot recipes?  They make me a happier mommy. :) 

~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Share a thought. I'd love to hear from you.